Job Code: #660
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Job Location: Wilson, NC
Job Title: Chemist
Pay: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Job Overview: Conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses in laboratories for quality, process control or to develop new products or knowledge. A typical chemist is responsible for creating new products and processes or improving existing ones for clients.
• Analyze organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, composition, structure, relationships and reactions.
• Improve and customize products, equipment, formulas, processes and analytical methods.
• Compile and analyze test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency and to diagnose malfunctions.
• Write technical papers and reports and prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products or tests.
• Prepare test solutions, compounds and reagents for laboratory personnel to conduct tests.
• Confer with scientists and engineers to conduct analyses of research projects and assist in the interpretation of test results.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic knowledge of the chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
• Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
• Bachelor's degree in chemistry or a related discipline required. Advanced degree preferred.
• 0-2 years experience required.