Job Code: #899
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $23.00 - $25.00/hour
Job Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Job DescriptionJob Title: Proofreader
Pay: $23.00 - $25.00/hour
- Proofreads label copy for instrument manuals and device labels; verifies dimensional accuracy and proper formatting, spelling, and punctuation per established style guides. Proofreads label copy for instrument manuals and device labels; verifies proper formatting, spelling, and punctuation per established style guides
- Verifies dimensional accuracy, color, bar code (placement, readability, and content), and formatting (i.e., fonts, style, empty space for data printed at time of production, etc.).
- Performs first article inspection (FAI) of operator's manuals, labels, and electronic media.
- Proofreads label artwork and label specifications against input documents (e.g. redlines, change orders).
- Assures the labeling artwork is in compliance with all applicable drawings and/or general specifications.
- Checks and verifies bar codes and HIBC bar codes.
- Completes all required training (i.e., SmartSolve, Kabilift, etc.)
- Completes additional tasks as assigned by the Manager, Technical Manual Writer and/or Sr. Labeling Proofreader
- Minimum of 1-2 years of proofreading experience (preferably experience in a regulated environment), Acrobat Standard/Pro/DC, cooperative and work well on a team/oral and written communication skills.
- Ideal to have experience in a regulated environment (FDA, etc.), but will consider other industries with proofreading experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be detail-oriented, task- focused, and adaptable to frequent shifts in priorities.
- Ability to operate independently and effectively under short timelines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to make judgments and solve problems based on past experiences and established practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and understand SOPs, GDPs, and Work Instructions.
- Experience using an electronic document management system is preferred.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro/DC, Microsoft Outlook.