Job Code: #828
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $33.00 - $35.00/hour
Job Location: Franksville, WI
Job DescriptionJob Title: Supply Chain Manager
Pay: $33.00 - $35.00
Job Overview: The Supply Chain Manager coordinates and/or manages all aspects of the supply chain: Strategy, Planning, Sourcing/Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Delivery/Logistics and Returns (for defective or unwanted products).
- Lead strategic Supply Chain Management initiatives or projects and be responsible for ensuring security and flexibility of supply critical to the product portfolio.
- Develop and implement these strategies to ensure Quality, Delivery, Cost, are achieved for the given products and that organizational objectives are met. Responsible for managing relationships with key suppliers. Supplier management activities may include, but not be limited to, the following: supplier visits, running weekly/bi-weekly meetings, business reviews, score cards, ensuring supply continuity, addressing quality issues, etc.
- Optimize the balance between supply availability, cost, inventory investment, and risk of obsolescence/backorder while working within Company Policies.
- Be the voice of Supply Chain for the assigned business units.
- Act as a business liaison for Demand and Supply for all assigned regions globally. Maintain a strong working relationship with all colleagues to ensure that changes and activities are managed on a timely and cost effective basis.
• Maintain minimal to no backorders on all products released to market.
• When supply issues arise, work with manufacturing, quality, regulatory, product managers, customer solutions, and others, as needed, to resolve the issues.
• Ensure that suppliers are aligned with The Company’s business strategy and objectives.
• Manage supplier relationships and understand their capabilities and capacities.
• Drive continuous improvement and supplier development
• Understand suppliers’ strategic initiatives/direction
• Maintain continuity of supply, make recommendations to improve quality, productivity and overall efficiency of operations
• Ensure that Project/Department milestones/goals are met and that they adhere to approved budgets.
New Product introductions
• Work with Product Management, Engineering and New Product Introduction process where applicable
- Experience in purchasing, supplier management, operations, sourcing, demand planning
- Bachelor Degree required.
- 5+ years of work experience, or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Proven ability to effectively interact with multi-functional areas (Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, Quality, etc.).