Job Title: Distribution Coordinator
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Job Overview: Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Responsible for reviewing production, work and shipment schedules and recording inventory levels, cost, etc.
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
• Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
• Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
• Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
• Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
• Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
• Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
• Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
High school diploma or GED required.
0-2 years related experience required.
Forklift experience required (reach truck and walkie).
Walkie rider and forklift (stand ups and sit downs – needed throughout the warehouse) – experience in driving.
Picking, Packing, and driving.
Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Ability to analyze costs related to manufacturing, labor and materials.
Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to shipping and production.
Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.