Job Title: QC Lab Technician
Location: Cary, IL
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00/hour
Shift: 2:30PM - 11:00PM
The Lab Technicians is assigned to perform duties in either the QC Lab or the R&D Lab. The Lab Technician/QC is responsible for testing and inspecting raw materials and products at various stages of production to ensure that required specifications are met. The Lab Technician/R&D is responsible for assisting the Senior Chemists in new product development, product maintenance, raw material evaluations, competitive evaluations, and general paint testing.
- QC Lab - Performs tests and adjusts in-process paint batches to assure full compliance with all established specifications.
- R&D Lab - Makes experimental batches in the Lab following exact procedures/directions for the development of new products and the maintenance of current products.
- QC Lab - Performs tests and inspections on all incoming raw materials to assure that the raw materials meet all manufacture s / TVMs specifications prior to use in the factory.
- R&D Lab - Evaluates new raw materials for their applicability of use in paints by preparing sample paints and testing them versus control paints for physical and chemical properties.
- QC Lab - Identifies and assists in the resolution of all problems related to formulas, manufacturing and equipment, raw materials and packaging.
- R&D Lab - Characterizes competitive paints for performance properties by being proficient in completing a large variety of R&D tests which include both film properties, application and chemical analysis.
- QC Lab - Creates and maintains records of all quality control and quality assurance files on a daily basis.
- R&D Lab - Keeps the supervising Chemist informed of project progress by Keeping a detailed laboratory notebook on all work performed and the test results. Daily verbal communication is also required.
- Performs quality checks on released batches at specified intervals to monitor performance over a two-year period.
- High School Diploma, GED, Associates Degree in Chemistry/Science preferred or equivalent work experience. 0-1 years of experience, preferably in a Chemical Lab, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, or similar industry.
- Intermediate Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Intermediate understanding of Mathematics and Scientific technology. Intermediate Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of coatings lab is preferred.
- Experience using formula management software.
- Knowledge and ability to operate a variety of laboratory equipment. Ability to perform paint formula calculations.
- Balancing, Climbing, Crouching, Hearing, Kneeling, lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Typing, Visual Acuity, Walking