Job Title: Chemist
Pay: $23.00 - $25.00/hour
Job Overview: Responsible for an intermediate level of expertise in analytical chemistry, chromatographic methods of analysis and instrumentation troubleshooting to execute projects and chemical analysis consistent with the goals of the department.
- Perform accurate, routine chemical testing as well as chromatographic methods of analysis (HPLC, GC, TLC, AA)
- Updates and routes SOPs, MOAs, Specifications through Documentum as delegated by supervisor.
- Manages work and time based on departmental priorities using own judgement and objective reasoning.
- Assist in formal training of lab personnel on GMP, safety, antineoplastic and new employee training.
- Provide technical support for methods validations.
- Apply computer experience to perform data collectionand analysis of testing data to meet objectives of department.
- Documents testing in compliance with Good Documentation Practices.
- Perform troubleshooting of instrumentation by applying problem solving skills and sourcing out literature and vendors when necessary. Assist Associate Chemists in troubleshooting difficulties.
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed with respect to a given project. Ensure documentation meets facility audit as well as GMP or GLP requirements.
- Establish work priorities based on schedule needs using own judgement and objective reasoning.
- Possess a B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.
- Typically requires 1-3 years of related experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have hands-on experience and knowledge of chromatographic methods of analysis (HPLC, GC, TLC, AA).
- Empower, Waters, and Agilent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Familiarity with cGMP and Federal regulations (FDA Guidelines).