Job Title: Chemistry/Laboratory Analyst II
Pay: $24.00 - $27.00/hour
Job Description: Responsible for all of the routine testing done on pharmaceutical products and medical devices in the Analytical Services Laboratory.
- Perform a variety of testing assignments and play a lead role in more advanced or demanding analytical studies.
- Participate in the preparation and review process of key department documents such as SOPs, forms, worksheets and study protocols.
- Training of incoming analytical staff, and general laboratory duties pertaining to equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met.
- Ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time, and quality expectations.
- Ensure that client requests pertaining to the development and completion of specialized studies are met.
- Provide the Department Team Leader with appropriate notification of any special requests regarding sample log-in, reporting, and billing activities.
- Participate in departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory.
- Responsible for performance of various routine analytical studies requested by clients as well as certain advanced or specialized studies.
- Preparation for testing by using good time management skills and adequacy of testing documentation, proper application of test procedures, proper technique for data capture and recording, and preparation of the final report of analysis.
- Provide crucial support to other Analysts in the conduct of their studies.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all general SOPs pertaining to the Analytical Services Laboratory.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP/GLP and ISO requirements.
- Participate in the review process for appropriate department SOPs, study protocols, and data forms.
- Participate in the training of incoming analytical testing staff.
- Participate as needed in departmental efforts directed toward equipment maintenance, calibration, qualification and repair.
- Adherence to relevant company SOPs governing documentation and reporting.
- Compliance with applicable SOPs related to the handling of client complaints.
- Participation in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled.
- B.S. in Chemistry (or equivalent in experience or training) required.
- Thorough knowledge of basic analytical chemistry principles required.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of relevant previous analytical laboratory experience required, specifically with chromatography.
- Empower experience strongly preferred.
- HPLC and GC experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all of the laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Perform or is trained to perform specialized testing tasks in selected areas such as non-routine limits tests, spectroscopy, and chromatography.
- Able to write draft documentation for use as SOPs, worksheets, and study protocols required in the laboratory.
- Works with client procedures in specialized testing requirements.