Title: Chemistry Analyst I
Pay: $22.69 - $24.69
Shift: 1st and 2nd, with flexible work hours
Job Overview: Conducts routine sample analysis, preparation, extraction, and digestion with and without the use of instrumentation following official methods and laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Builds their knowledge and skills in evaluation of the chemical and physical properties of various organic and inorganic substances for consumer product testing purposes.
- Under direct supervision conducts routine analytical studies of samples, preparation, extraction, and digestion with and without the use of instrumentation following official methods and laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols.
- Assists in preparation, submission and filing reports on client sample tests, correlation tests, calibration, validation and other projects.
- Performs routine operation, maintenance, calibration, and trouble-shoots laboratory instruments / equipment.
- May assist / gets exposure to development of the analytical methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other operating, safety and quality documents for method development, transfer, and validation studies.
- Assists with investigation, and preparation of responses to client inquiries.
- Inputs and maintains technical information as needed to support the laboratory functions/operations.
- Maintains Laboratory Notebook.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related Science discipline AND 0-2 years of years’ relevant experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories
- OR Associate's degree in Chemistry or related Science discipline AND 2+ years of experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories
- General knowledge of Chemistry and routine testing methods and methodologies required
- Language Skills: English - Intermediate level required
- Mathematical Skills: Basic level required
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Basic level required
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word) - Intermediate user proficiency required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to follow directions, ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
- Strong attention to details required
- Communication and basic organization and time management skills are required
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities