Junior Maintenance Mechanic
Pay: $23.00 - $29.00
Assist with set- up, adjust, perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality.
- Assist with implementation of 5-S on line.
- Trouble shoot equipment, problem solve, and eliminate scrap and waste.
- Record all maintenance issues in maintenance log for each line.
- Change over equipment to new sizes, verify results after change over.
- Under direction, perform scheduled maintenance. Make preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment. Reports problems to Shift Manager and take appropriate action. Analyze mechanical and operational problems, make necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Test equipment to verify correct operation and production.
- Analyze and record cause of production delays on daily production reports and initiate procedures to solve equipment malfunctions. Examine defects and analyze spoilage causes and, where possible, take corrective action and verify the corrective action has eliminated the problems.
- Notify Maintenance Mechanic of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some basic maintenance/mechanical experience.
- Previous experience working in a Production/Manufacturing area.
- Experience working with various machines/instruments.
- Experience with motors, sensors, conveyor belts, etc.
- Previous preventative maintenance experience a plus.
- Must furnish own necessary hand tools.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds of weight.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.