ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Company is a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. They offer a wide product range including decorative fashion paints, durable industrial roof repair coatings and, of course, the rust fighting formula that started it all.
The primary result expected from the Process Engineer is to control internal processes to manufacture paint and paint products by defining and analyzing the manufacturing process of both milling and filling operations for improvement in quality, safety, and efficiency, and creating, improving, and maintaining manufacturing Process Instructions (PI) and salvage/rework integration.
Typical tasks for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Develop safety procedures to be employed by workers operating equipment or working in close proximity to on-going chemical reactions.
- Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate chemical equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
- Perform tests and monitor performance of processes throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Design and plan layout of equipment.
- Prepare estimate of production costs and production progress reports for management.
- Design measurement and control systems for chemical plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments and in pilot plant operations.
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents using controlled chemical processes.
- Communicate with Supervisors, peers, or subordinates: provide information to supervisors and co-workers in written form or in person.
- Maintain a good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Learn all manual tasks performed within the department.
- Perform tasks assigned using specific operating procedures, and following department specific quality control processes and procedures.
- Treat people with dignity and respect.
- Conduct all business with integrity.
- Adhere to Company Quality principles and participate in all departmental and company-wide Quality activities.
- Follow all safety procedures and company policies.