Job Title: Chromatography Technologist
Pay: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
Job Summary: This position requires a strong understanding of analytical chemistry testing, along with experience in the use of chromatography instruments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares Biological Specimens for analysis performed by LC-MS/MS, HPLC, and GC.
- Prepare calibrators, QC and standards as outlined in each test SOP's.
- Review and monitor QC for the various analyses and troubleshoot as needed.
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality. Perform instrument maintenance.
- Perform high complexity tests by various analyzers in the Laboratory, and/or by manual methods, on various specimen sources, under close supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry or biochemistry from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with chromatography instruments is required
- Knowledge and experience in chemical principles and concepts with regard to chromatography
- Ability to pipette with accuracy, experience with conducting basic laboratory procedures, including using an analytical balance, pH meter and syringe
- Ability to complete assignments with high degree of accuracy and multitask with accuracy
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to read and understand technical documents
- Basic math skills as it applies to science, including ratios, percentiles, dilutions and conversions
- Computer and application experience, including word, spreadsheet and instrumentation.
- Day shift, Monday-Friday schedule may vary due to production demands