Technical Sales Representative
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00/hour, plus incentive plan
Responsible for developing and maintaining the company's sales with focus on developing new business through professional sales techniques and quality customer service, and maintaining quality relations with the existing assigned accounts with the majority of the focus on maintaining existing business.
- Follows GMP and SQF requirements through the company’s quality management system.
- Establishes annual sales budget, which surpasses the previous year annual sales.
- Meets or surpasses the annual sales budget.
- Builds and maintains quality relations with the existing assigned accounts and increases account base and volume of sales on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for reporting to the supervisor and senior management to explain the business status as effectively, simply, and concisely as possible in a timely manner.
- Contacts customers via telephone, e-mail, correspondence or in person by traveling as frequently as necessary to meet and surpass profitable sales goals for the company.
- Reevaluates work on an ongoing basis to increase market share.
- Assesses quality of offerings and develops opinion reports on strategies to increase the company's market share.
- Creates customized proposals to meet specific customer requirements in an efficient manner.
- Stays abreast of market conditions regarding products, product updates, service offerings and new technologies through available resources.
- Utilizes company leads to expand current customer base and follows up all leads promptly.
- Maintains updated, organized files on all accounts in assigned territory.
- Submits call report to the supervisor within 48 hours after visiting customer.
- Submits monthly sales report to the supervisor and update the action plan sheets by the first business day of the next month.
- Completes and submits sales reports each month on account activity, outstanding proposals, proposals secured, and proposals lost with complete documentation.
- Provides information and/or follows up on customers as requested.
- Maintains close contact with Technical Service on new applications and new developmental enzymes that could lead to close cooperation with customers on mutually beneficial and economically feasible products.
- Works jointly with Technical Service to promote new application areas that would support new businesses or expand existing markets with Amano’s enzymes.
- Develops partnerships with new customers to expand Company's presence and expertise in the specialty enzyme area.
- Maintains travel costs and operates with the guidelines or parameters as established by company.
- Implements 5S Pillars within workplace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Valid Driver’s License (Must meet insurance underwriting requirements.)
- Prior sales experience preferred.
- Strong Oral/Written Communication Skills
- Experience working in Customer Service or Customer Relations preferred.
- Previous experience working in Customer Relations/Customer Service
- Diplomacy, Math Skills, Negotiations, and Presentation Skills