Lab Technician II
Job Code: #735
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00/hour
Job Location: Melrose Park, IL
Job Title: Laboratory Technician II
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00/hour
Job Description: The Laboratory Technician II is responsible for glassware (washing, drying, organizing) in the QC laboratories. Receives and delivers laboratory samples for In-Process and Semi-Finished Product from the Production Department to QC Chemistry and responsible for routine projects assigned by QC Chemistry Management.
• Articulate work related issues clearly and effectively to management and peers.
• Maintains the glassware (washing, drying, organizing).
• Receives and delivers laboratory samples for In-Process and Finished Product from the Production Department.
• Verifies Semi-Finished Product sample counts and receipts in QC Chemistry prior to use.
• Receives and verifies QA issued documentation for QC Chemistry prior to use.
• Performs monthly water collection from Deionized Water Ports for delivery to Microbiology Department.
• Performs monthly Medical Air testing.
• Reviews Weekly Environmental Monitoring System (EMS) Reports.
• Maintains accurate records of all work performed with respect to a given project. Ensures documentation meets facility audit as well as cGMP or GLP requirements.
• Manages work and time based on departmental priorities using own judgement and objective reasoning.
• Performs good housekeeping practices and follows safety related policies. Makes recommendations.
• Assures all training on SOPs, Policies and other items as required, are completed on time per policy.
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• High school diploma/GED.
• Basic verbal and written communication (in English) skills are necessary.
• Working knowledge of cGMP’s preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Must be able to support Production requirements (i.e. work weekends or holidays
• Must be able to work with Antineoplastic Materials.