Self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast pace and always evolving pharmaceutical environment. Responsible for conducting the procurement activity for company requirements, in accordance with company policy. Reviews approved purchase requisitions determining appropriateness of documentation submitted and maintaining compliance records data. Purchase order placement of various inventory supplies, equipment and services to support the production process. Purchasing responsibilities: indirect sourcing, contracting, generation/review of purchase reports, expediting, communication and collaboration with internal and external customers. Ensuring timely procurement of parts and materials in support of the production process and overall supplier performance.
- Requests quotations and prepares purchase orders and change orders from approved requisitions, or as required and interfaces with suppliers on initiation and follow-up.
- Analyzes on-hand inventory levels against production orders and purchase orders; ensure materials are delivered on time for production.
- Forecasts, plan, schedule and order for long lead time items and/or critical materials to meet production goals.
- Ensures quality, delivery, order accuracy, and competitive pricing through follow-up with suppliers and end users.
- Interviews suppliers, addresses complaints and monitors supplier performance.
- Makes recommendations on the use of alternate materials or suppliers.
- Visits suppliers to assess supplier capability to meet quality, delivery and strategic requirements. Must deal with all levels of supplier management.
- Schedules delivery of materials, selects carrier routing, and manage over-shipments, shortages, damaged and returned materials.
- Expedites purchase orders and solve any issues that arise from production shortages/concerns.
- Maintains material master data that drives forecasting, planning and production scheduling.
- Issues, tracks and dispositions supplier complaints for non-conforming materials.
- Monitors inventory levels, adjust reorder points and safety stock to minimize inventory.
- Prevents and manages excess and obsolete inventory through effective purchasing processes and execution.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or equivalent field related experience and/or education.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a production environment, preferably in a pharmaceutical or healthcare related industry.
- SAP experience.
- Strong skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Negotiation skills, demonstrate effective communication techniques.