Service Center Technician (Medical Device)
Position Overview: Responsibility of service and repair of the instruments in the Service Center. Troubleshooting over the telephone directly with the customer, providing second level support to the call center and assemblers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the process for the inventory and shipping of instrumentation and all necessary parts to successfully support the Service Center program.
- Maintain and conform to all procedures and documentation to meet regulatory and ISO guidelines.
- Validate all XW-100 instruments prior to being placed in the exchange pool ensuring they meet all quality specifications.
- Provide second level support to call center agents.
- Perform any testing requirements for XW-100 instruments, including any ECR changes, software changes or technical changes.
- Develop and/or update all procedures, processes, checklists and documents for the XW-100 Service Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED degree or 3 years required experience in Electrical, Hydraulics, or Mechanics including experience in the Armed Forces. Associates or Trade School degree Preferred.
- Experience in electronics, laboratory or biomedical technology, military experience in a technical field or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Field Experience preferred (Electronics).
- Customer Skills.
- Interface experience a plus.
- Proficient in English.
- MS Skills.
- Must be able to explain and interpret complex information that requires patience and understanding.
- Ability to travel locally up to 25%.