Pay: $20.00 - $22.00/hour
Responsible for routine testing of raw material, in-process, finished product and stability samples in the Quality Control Chemistry laboratory. The position reports to QC Chemistry Supervisor.
• Develops new Standard Operating Procedures for laboratory test procedures. Maintains SOPs to assure constant compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Monitors and tracks laboratory test results.
• Assists in Training new department personnel in standard operating procedures.
• Informs supervisory personnel of all relevant events impacting the operations and performance of the department.
• Maintains knowledge of cGMPs, GLPs and Quality Systems.
• Provides validation test support.
• Follows safety requirements and maintains good housekeeping of lab areas.
• Supports new product development related testing as directed.
• Performs routine analysis related to the testing and release of Raw Material, Stability, InProcess Finished Product and/or Stability.
• Prepares and performs routine analysis by HPLC, GC and/or AA/ICP including assay and impurity methods, collects, processes and calculates generated data.
• Maintains accurate records of all work performed with respect to a given project. Meets facility audit as well as cGMP or GLP requirements.
• Assists with the execution of equipment and method validation protocols.
• Reviews work performed by department staff for accuracy, completeness and conformance to specifications.
• B.S. in Chemistry or related field with 2 years of experience preferred. Background HPLC and other analytical techniques (GC, AA, UV, ICP and wet chemical methods) desirable.
• Four year college degree with 3-5 years of experience.
• Associates Degree with 5+ years of experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Strong attention to detail, people skills and ability to multi-task are essential for success.