Job Title: Calibration Specialist
Pay: $30.00 - $32.00/hour
Position Summary: The Calibration Specialist is responsible for performing the calibration and repair of various instrumentation within the facility that is used for monitoring both Critical and Non-Critical process parameters related to various manufacturing and support functions used to determine Quality decisions. Will participate in the coordination of calibration activities in order to meet established Quality, regulatory and customer requirements.
• Calibrate / maintain analytical laboratory instruments according to site SOP’s.
• Coordinate vendor calibrations for on-site or off-site calibration service.
• Review and approve vendor calibration documents per site standard operating procedures.
• Maintain orderly, accurate, and accessible records of calibration maintenance and repairs performed on all instruments in compliance with cGMP/cGLP requirements.
• Prepare / revise instrument calibration and preventive maintenance SOP’s for new and existing instruments.
• Distribute monthly calibration schedules generated from the calibration data management system to Operation/Production Management and department supervisors.
• Ensure that the metrology’s standards, tools, and other equipment are securely stored. Ensure all equipment, manuals, tools, etc. are properly returned to the delegated storage at the end of the day.
• Develop expertise in the maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting of laboratory analytical equipment.
• Troubleshoot and perform repairs on site instruments as needed.
• Assist supporting departments on the selection of new, replacement of test and measurement devices.
• Maintain Calibration files for ease of retrieving metrology documentation for audits and customer requests.
- Minimum of a 2-year Associate’s Degree in Electronics, or Science related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in calibration and/or metrology.
- Preferred formal Military PMEL Training
- Proficient interpersonal / communication, and technical writing skills.
- Proficient Windows application software skills.