Job Code: #666
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $18.00 - $18.00/hour
Job Location: Melrose Park, IL
Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Job Overview: The main function of a Warehouse Associate is to receive, store and issue materials, equipment and other items from stockroom, warehouse or storage yard.
• Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
• Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
• Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
• Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
• Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
• Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
• Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
• Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 0-2 years experience required.
Forklift Experience Required - Stand up counterbalance, Sit- down, Walk behind and ride on EPJ.