Job Title: Production Operator
Shift: all shifts
Under supervision, performs duties required to operate an automated line descending from a BFS machine that molds plastic bottles and fills them with water solutions; packs, inspects, and palletizes product for shipment; and performs other related duties as directed.
- Works from schedules and instructions.
- Visually inspect bottles for gross defects such as leaks, missing threads, misaligned or missing labels, excessive flash, dirty plastic, deformed containers, and improperly bagged product missing components.
- Stencils, labels, and assembles cartons; packs, tapes, and places on a pallet.
- Packs adapters, columns, and inserts as required and record.
- Checks packed cartons for incorrect, missing, or illegible print.
- Weighs product on an electronic weight scale to ensure it meets quality specifications.
- Assures that defective bottles, flash, and garbage are placed in appropriate containers.
- Monitors and makes minor adjustments to the conveyor, bagger, trim die, and tape machine to prevent jam-ups.
- Performs reworking of product and necessary documentation when needed.
- Conforms to GMP, safety, and good housekeeping requirements throughout all work activities.
- Enhances growth and development through participation in education programs, training meetings, and workshops.
- Follows all established company policies, procedures, objectives, and safety standards.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, departmental and interdepartmental goals and objectives.
- Maintains compliance with principles of accepted employee conduct as identified in the employee handbook and as specified in departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum of three (3) months’ work experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Graduation from high school equivalent or GED strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Specialized Skills/Other Requirements:
- English language, grammar, spelling, mathematics, and record keeping.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow BOP, QAP, GMP, FDA, and company established safety, environmental, and infection control policies and procedures, specifications, and production schedules.
- Use hand jack, shrink-wrap machine, taper, utility knife, weight scale counter, wrench, or screwdriver to change production settings on labelers.
- Prepare complete records and reports, forms, and verify.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English, both orally and in writing
- Essential and marginal functions require maintaining physical condition standing or walking for up to three hours at a time.
- Persons performing this position classification will use hands, arms, fingers, and wrists to pick up finished bottles of product to visually inspect and then pack into cartons.
- Persons performing this position classification will exert up to 30 pounds of force to lift (at times above the head), carry, push, pull, and/or transfer equipment and materials using proper lifting technique: considerable reaching, stooping, bending, and crouching to stack pallets of the finished product.
- Intermittent handling of weights up to 50 pounds while stacking finished products, lifting bundles or cartons, and carrying/lifting film and labels; carrying of items, up to 50 feet is frequently required.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information; manual dexterity to operate manufacturing equipment, pack cartons of product, work with various equipment, and objects are an important aspect of the job.