Job Title: Test Release Technologist
Pay: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour
Job Overview: Responsible for post analytical review of test results. Involved in test result review and releasing for trace metal analyses. Assure accurate and reliable testing and reporting by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Final review and releasing of test profiles.
- Analyzes test information to determine reliability of test results.
- Adjusts formulas and processes based on test results.
- Schedules workflow to meet company expected turnaround times.
- Investigates observed non-conformities on existing testing.
- Recommends measures to improve testing procedures.
- Identify and correct problems that may affect adversely test performance and test results and assist in solving problems.
- Observe and enforce company’s QC policy.
- Monitor test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that they meet the standards of company, CLIA and other licensing authorities
- Ensure that patients’ test results are only reported with the highest level of confidence after corrective actions have been taken
- Maintain documents as required
- Advise element managers immediately about
- Prepare weekly reports that tally workflow, and itemize problems that occurred
- Interface with lab and quality departments to assure prompt communication.
- Master’s in a chemical, physical, or biological science and 2 years experience in a related field, 1 of which were in a clinical environment
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology from an accredited institution, or the equivalence of a medical technologist, and 6 years experience in related field, 2 of which in a clinical environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.