Job Title: Food Application Scientist
Pay: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
Job Overview: Responsible for carrying out experimental work at the bench under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
- Developing new finished Food product applications for enzymes that maintains or increases company sales.
- Designing new enzyme applications for food products and processes based on known principles for food science and product development.
- Modifying and improving food product applications for customers’ existing recipes.
- Resolving food ingredient interaction issues with enzymes.
- Works on projects at the laboratory bench or pilot plant for 75% of workday.
- Oversees laboratory and pilot plant and reports issues with instrumentation, equipment, and safety to supervisor.
- Responsible for entire food product development process for new AEU enzyme blended products from initial phase through final commercialization phase.
- Follows GMP and SQF requirements through the company’s quality management system.
- Collaborates with customers on improving their product recipes and processes.
- Carries out experimentation to implement product application opportunities at the bench under direction of direct supervisor or other designated personnel.
- Responsible for all pilot plant development processes within company facilities, at co-packer, customer or outside lab facilities.
- Master's in Food Science or Chemistry required.
- Experience with pH and Spectrometer.
- Previous experience in the food industry desireable.