Job Title: Sourcing Analyst
Location: Lake Bluff, IL
Key Requirement: Must be Fluent in German
Position Overview: The Sourcing Analyst will have the responsibility for the overall relationship between company and a set of our key suppliers. Tapping into strategic thinking, innate leadership and superior communication skills, to manage current supplier performance as well as uncover/ready potential new suppliers (as needed).
- Lead negotiations for existing and new Supplier Agreements, Contract Negotiations, Inventory Agreements, Price Negotiations, Cost Savings, Market Rate of Demand (MRD), Two bin and Kanban systems, Consignment, VMI, 3PL, outsourcing, lead time reductions, non-disclosure agreements, etc. to ensure the company is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current and potential suppliers.
- Continually explore Sourcing/Re-sourcing (includes VMI and Packaging) opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
- Responsible of the Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quote (RFQ) and Request for Information (RFI) processes and coordinates communication between Suppliers and the multi-functional Team.
- Works with Finance and Suppliers to monitor actual vs agreement cost savings, inflation and lead times.
- Partners with Logistics/Compliance Manager to assure compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations Hazmat, etc.
- Review Corporate’s supply market analysis, and any other relevant supply chain and macroeconomic reports as inputs for strategic sourcing initiatives and cost savings projects. Monitor developments and trends within the supply base and ensures the company is prepared to react appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or Engineering is required or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
- 1-2 years of progressive experience in Purchasing /Procurement positions in a manufacturing environment, including 1+ year of experience in Strategic Sourcing.
- BILINGUAL IN GERMAN REQUIRED, background in manufacturing, and negotiation experience is required.
- Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Proficiency in all MS Office Suite applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to develop strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision is a plus.